As per our earlier announcement, Sage UBS and Sage 50 products have been duly certified by JKDM. There are very specific changes to the software to support the more important requirements from JKDM especially calculating the proper GST to be applied, the GST return as well as the GAF which is the GST audit file.
The implementation of GST as per current information is still in April 1, 2015, however, we understand that a lot of companies would like to test and try these features and start their preparation. Therefore our 1st release of GST features, as per the requirements of JKDM will be in May.
What does this mean?
1. If you have an active Sage Cover contract, your update will be automatic via our online update facility that will give you non-intrusive, silent update in the background via the internet. By default the GST features are not turned on. This is to ensure that there is no disturbance to your current working environment. Information and details will be further provided during this future release.
2. If you do not have an active Sage Cover contract, you will need to purchase an upgrade. By having this upgrade, your Sage Cover contract is active again and you will continuously receive all future updates to your product, as long as Sage Cover is active.
Why online update is important?
We are expecting that continuous changes will be made as JKDM and we ourselves get ready for GST. Having an online update facility will ensure that any updates to your product that is necessary will be delivered to you, seamlessly, with as little intrusion as possible to your daily work. We already enjoy such simple and smart implementations in our every day life such as updates on our smartphones as well as PCs and also cars! Have the peace of mind to just focus on your business while we take care of the rest.
In addition to the convenience, this will mean that it is not necessary to ask or have someone to delivery a CD to you nor require a person to update the software for you, saving you both time and cost.
Where do I start?
We have always focused on GST Compliance as a goal from the start and it means that the software is an integral part of being compliance but there are other areas as well.
1. Get your GST knowledge. You can only handle and understand what you know therefore it is imperative that you have at least the basic GST knowledge. This of course is not limited only to the accountant but to all aspects of the business as it will impact your pricing, operations and work processes as well. Get a quick start with our GST 101 essential GST training.
2. Get automated. If you are reading this, you are well on your way to getting yourself automated with software. Due to the fact that GST is highly transactional, which means that it is tracked per invoice, it is highly suggested that you automate your business process. The documentation requirements are high and you do not want to be on the bad end of the law.
3. Get implemented. Sage will be announcing an implementation workshop for GST which will take you on a a step by step journey on getting yourself ready for GST.